Last Updated: 10 Jan 2011
This document covers the upgrade procedure for StartupCTO (which is run with DokuWiki). It should be performed whenever a new version of DokuWiki is released.
NOTE: 11 Jan 2011 - This is primarily an internal document, but is posted publicly in case it can help someone else upgrade their DokuWiki install. As a commenter notes, the official documentation is at http://www.dokuwiki.org/install:upgrade
- Backup the current StartupCTO DokuWiki directory (twice)
tar cvfz ~/backup/scto/scto_full_020510.tar.gz scto cp -Rp scto ~/scto.bak
- Get the latest version, and unzip it (it will go in a new directory, e.g.
- In the
confdirectory, find all the
*.distfiles; you'll notice dokuwiki has auto-generated non
distversions for you. Copy those to the new site after reviewing them.
- Make sure there weren't any additions to the language file (and if there were, port them over).
diff -r scto/inc/lang/en/ /dokuwiki-2009-12-25/inc/lang/en/
- Now you need to move any code modifications made to DokuWiki to the new codebase. Find the changes with:
grep -rin SCTO *
and port them over by hand.
- Do the same thing with the plugin files. You'll probably have to copy some images and a few things as well. You should also consider looking on the dokuwiki site for new versions of available plugins.
- Delete the existing files in
scto, leaving the directories intact (so svn doesn't complain).
- Copy the new source (with the patches for SCTO) over to the existing directory:
cp -Rpfv dokuwiki-2009-12-25/ scto/
- Test everything