Last Updated: 28 Mar 2012
Analytical Marketer Job Description
NOTE: This is a sample job description for an analytical marketer. You are welcome to copy it for your own use, but you should change it to suit your needs. You probably don't need somebody who has all of these capabilities, and you probably want to put in great info about your own organization.
ACME Corp is a leading maker of widgets, and was recently recognized by Big Deal Magazine as one of the top ten widget makers to watch.
We need somebody to help us get the word out about our service and understand what our customers need. We're not quite sure what to call you, but terms we've come up with so far: “product marketing engineer”, “analytical marketer” and “math focused marketing nerd”. Maybe it would help to describe the sorts of things we need you to do:
- Analyze/Improve our Adwords/adCenter campaigns.
- Do a deep dive into our marketing and application metrics to understand how people are using our system and how we can improve it.
- Optimize our sales process and sales funnel, including landing page creation and A/B testing with tools like Optimizely.
- Interact with customers via our support system, email and telephone to understand how they're using the system and what they need improved. Provide suggestions to the team on what needs to be scoped in each release.
- Keep tabs on our competitors and do competitive analysis.
- Work on optimizing our website, etc. for SEO.
- Create new marketing collateral as needed.
Work is done primarily via email, with some phone contact.
- 3-5 years of experience doing the type of work above.
- An analytical brain. We're an engineering driven company and we pay a lot of attention to the numbers.
- Deep understanding of the internet and internet marketing.
- The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and help them solve it.
- Strong MS Office skills, esp. Excel. Pivot tables should be your friend.
- Self motivated and self directed. We need you to tell us what to do, not the other way around.
- Basic HTML knowledge/web development skills not required, but a strong plus.
ACME Corp offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great web sites.
We are open to local candidates only. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you'll need to be in ACME Corp's office in downtown San Francisco on a regular basis.