Last Updated: 30 Sep 2010
PHP/LAMP Web Developer Sample Job Description
NOTE: This is a sample job description for a LAMP web developer. You are welcome to copy it for your own use, but you should change it to suit your needs. You probably don't need somebody who has all of these capabilities, and you probably want to put in great info about your own organization.
LAMP Web Developer
ACME Corp is a leading maker of widgets, and was recently recognized by Big Deal Magazine as one of the top ten widget makers to watch.
We are seeking a talented PHP/LAMP web developer to build web sites for ACME.com. This individual will be working to add Web 2.0 & social functionality to ACME.com. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, extensive PHP5/MySQL development experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly.
- PHP5 - Candidate should be a top-notch PHP5 developer, familiar with the latest features in PHP 5.2.X and 5.3.X.
- MySQL - Modern database development expertise, words like 'trigger' and 'view' should be part of your vocabulary.
- Object Oriented Development / CS Background - Ideal candidates should understand object oriented development, and apply OO concepts to everything they do. Formal CS background or experience preferred.
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction.
- Web Services - Experience building modern web services
- Social App Development - Experience in building social sites or apps (Facebook, etc.)
This is a senior position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 5+ years of web development experience.
ACME Corp offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great web sites.
We are open to local candidates only. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you'll need to be in ACME Corp's office in downtown San Francisco on a regular basis.