Last Updated: 30 Sep 2010
XHTML/CSS Front-End Developer Sample Job Description
NOTE: This is a sample job description for a XHTML/CSS front-end web developer. You are welcome to copy it for your own use, but you should change it to suit your needs. You probably don't need somebody who has all of these capabilities, and you probably want to put in great info about your own organization.
XHTML/CSS Front-End Web Developer
ACME Corp is a leading maker of widgets, and was recently recognized by Big Deal Magazine as one of the top ten widget makers to watch.
We are seeking a talented front-end web developer to build web sites for ACME.com. This individual will be working to add Web 2.0 & social functionality to ACME.com. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, extensive XHTML/CSS development experience, and will be able to get up to speed quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment, from making pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements to integrating code with the back-end development team.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop; able to cutup comps from the design team.
- Strong XHTML skills; knowledge of how to use appropriate hooks in XHTML to limit the amount of classes and ID’s required on a page.
- Deep understanding of CSS inheritance and how to use it to your advantage.
- A good ideology for managing maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code across large sites.
- Familiar with source control principles and comfortable with Subversion.
- In-depth knowledge of IE quirks and how to address them.
- Social App Development - Experience in building social sites or apps (Facebook, etc.)
This is a senior position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 5+ years of web development experience.
ACME Corp offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great web sites.
We are open to local candidates only. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you'll need to be in ACME Corp's office in downtown San Francisco on a regular basis.