Last Updated: 21 Nov 2020
Web Software Engineering Principles Questions
This is a list of topics/questions you might want to think about from a web software engineering standpoint.
- Can you describe a typical web application stack?
- Do you write code following any sort of coding standard? What do you use?
- How do you decide whether to 'build or buy' (or in the web world, to build or use open source)?
- What sort of version control systems have you used? What do you like/not like?
- Particularly for web applications, how do you handle data validation?
- What sort of techniques do you use to validate data?
- What should you validate?
- At what level of the application stack should you validate data?
- What else do you do in order to make sure that your application is secure?
- Have you done any unit testing? What are some of the principles of writing a good unit test?
What a joy to find such clear thnkiing. Thanks for posting!