Last Updated: 21 Nov 2020
Traditional Interview Questions
Some top traditional interview questions, from ResumeEdge.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about X previous job
- What did you most enjoy about your last job?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- How would your colleagues or supervisor describe you?
- What do you think of your previous manager?
- How would you describe an ideal working environment?
- What about this job attracts you? What is unattractive?
- What can you offer us that other people cannot?
- How long do you see yourself with us?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How do you deal with criticism?
- How do you deal with authority?
- What is the riskiest thing you have ever done?
Quintessential Careers also has a set of questions.
- What are your long range and short range goals and objectives?
- What specific goals other than those related to your occupation, have you established for yourself for the next ten years?
- What do you see yourself doing five years from now? Ten years from now?
- What do you really want to do in life?
- What are your long range career objectives?
- How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
- What are the most important rewards you expect in your business career?
- What do you expect to be earning in five years?
- What did you choose the career for which you are preparing?
- Which is more important to you, the money or the type of job?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you think a friend or professor who knows you well would describe you?
- What motivates you to put forth you greatest effort?
- How has your college experience prepared you for a business career?
- Why should I hire you?
- What qualifications do you have that make you think that you will be successful in business?
- How do you determine or evaluate success?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in a company like ours?
- In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
- What qualities should a successful manager possess?
- Describe the relationship that should exist between the supervisor and those reporting to him or her?
- What two or three accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction? Why?
- Describe your most rewarding college experience?
- If you were hiring a graduate for this position, what qualities would you look for?
- Why did you select your college or university?
- What led you to choose you field or major study?
- What college subject did you like best? Why?
- What college subject did you like least? Why?
- If you could do so, how would you plan your study differently? Why?
- What changes would you make in your college or university? Why?
- Do you have plans for continued study? An advanced degree?
- Do you think that your grades are a indication of your academic achievement?
- What have you learned from participating in extra-curricular activities?
- In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
- How do you work under pressure?
- In what part-time or summer jobs have you been most interested? Why?
- How would you describe the ideal job for you following graduation?
- Why did you decide to seek a position in this company?
- What do you know about our company?
- What two or three things are most important to you in your job?
- Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? Why?
- What criteria are you using to evaluate the company for which you hope to work?
- Do you have a geographic preference? Why?
- Will you relocate? Does relocation bother you?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Are you willing to spend at least six months as a trainee?
- Why do you think you might like to live in the community in which our company is located?
- What major problem have you encountered and how did you deal with it?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?