Last Updated: 04 Nov 2023
Junior LAMP DevOps / Sysadmin Sample Job Description
NOTE: This is a sample job description for a junior LAMP sysadmin / DevOps guy. (Also see the description for the Senior LAMP sysadmin) You are welcome to copy it for your own use, but you should change it to suit your needs. You probably don't need somebody who has all of these capabilities, and you probably want to put in great info about your own organization.
Junior DevOps / Linux System Administrator
ACME Corp is a leading maker of widgets, and was recently recognized by Big Deal Magazine as one of the top ten widget makers to watch.
We are seeking a talented LAMP DevOps/System Administrator to help manage our the web hosting infrastructure. You will be required to work with senior members of the operations and development teams to maintain our development, staging & production infrastructure and support the rollout of new sites/software. Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, a penchant for security and solid dev+sysadmin skills.
- Linux expert w/ experience in load-balanced web servers. We use RedHat & CentOS here, but in-depth experience with another distribution is welcome.
- MySQL administration & tuning. We have a replicated MySQL setup, and we'll want you to hit the ground running.
- CVS/Subversion Admin. We use both, and we'll need to have you support both.
- LAMP development experience. Familiarity with the LAMP stack, including some PHP development experience, is a significant plus.
- Network & System Security. Enterprise level network/system security experience is a significant plus.
- Virtual Server Administration. We run a cluster of VMs using VirtualBox. VB management experience is a plus.
This is a junior to mid-level position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 2+ years of Linux system administration with high volume web sites. You will have access to senior members of the team for mentoring & training, but we still expect you to be able to hit the ground running.
ACME Corp offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great web sites.
We are open to local candidates only. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you'll need to be in ACME Corp's office in downtown San Francisco on a regular basis.