Last Updated: 21 Nov 2020
UI/UX Designer Sample Job Description
NOTE: This is a sample job description for a UI/UX Designer. You are welcome to copy it for your own use, but you should change it to suit your needs. You probably don't need somebody who has all of these capabilities, and you probably want to put in great info about your own organization.
ACME Corp is a leading maker of widgets, and was recently recognized by Big Deal Magazine as one of the top ten widget makers to watch.
We are seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to design the interface for the new ACME.com customer portal. This is a ground-up redesign of the portal, and will integrate the latest social and Web 2.0 functionality.
- First and foremost, you should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great web UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!).
- You'll need to be a Photoshop ninja. You should also be fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or whatever you use to create wireframes.
- You should have at least a working knowledge of XHTML/CSS. If you can cutup your own comps, so much the better.
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions.
- Finally, you should have a solid portfolio of <i>web application design</i>. We want to see that you've built great web interfaces before, not just great websites.
This is a senior position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 5+ years of UI/UX design experience.
ACME Corp offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, 401K, vision and dental coverage. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for building great web sites.
We are open to local candidates only. Although you are welcome to work from home on occasion, you'll need to be in ACME Corp's office in downtown San Francisco on a regular basis.